How To Get Involved
Helping Others Helps You!
Helping others is not only a great way to have a positive affect on those around you but, it can also bring an incredible sense of purpose and joy to your life. Get involved. Give it a try. You might be surprised!
- Top 10- Reason to Get Involved
- Twenty Ways for Teenagers to Help Other People by Volunteering
- To work with local leaders in fund-raisers, call American Charities – 1-800-458-9505
- Get involved in an international movement to protect human rights. Amnesty International
- Team in Training — Get in shape and help others fight Leukemia and Lymphoma!
Volunteering that will develop leadership skills
- YMCA – ask about Black Achievers, Youth Achievement and Youth Leadership programs, 1-888-333-9622
- United Way – help your community
Start something on your own and make a difference
Here are some examples.
- Hoops for Hope – Changing the game!
- Alex’s Lemonade Stand – Fighting childhood cancer, one cup at a time.
- Challenge Day – The Challenge Day mission is to provide youth and their communities with experiential programs that demonstrate the possibility of love and connection through the celebration of diversity, truth, and full expression.
- DoSomething.org – Young people + Social Change – Any cause, Anytime, Anywhere
- City Year – Give a year, change the world!
- Kids are Heroes – Kids are making a difference…
- Gifts that Give Hope
- Key Club International – Key Club is the world’s largest high school service organization. Unlimited opportunities and experiences with leadership and serving your homes, schools and communities.
- Kiwanis – Clubs for every age!
- Youth Corp Volunteers of America
- Big Brothers / Big Sisters – Be a Mentor / Find a Mentor
- Lions Club International – People coming together to help their communities. If you’re under 18 check out Leo Clubs
- Boys & Girls Club of America – Join or become a volunteer
- Junior Achievement – brings the real world to students through hands-on curriculum delivered by a trained classroom volunteer
- Key Leader is a weekend retreat program for high school students. It is based on Service Leadership and the tenants of community, respect, excellence, integrity and growth. It challenges you to look inside yourself, decide what you are really made of and to grow as a person in just 2 days. Check out the web site for events close to you
- Mission Year – One year can change everything! Mission Year is a year long urban ministry program focused on Christian service and discipleship. They take teams of people, place them in an area of need, and help them to serve people and create community.
Daughtry – What About Now
Nickelback – If Everyone Cared
Matthew West – My Own Little World