Grief and Loss
We’re glad you’ve found you’re way to the Also–Me web site! The resources provided are by no means all-inclusive and are simply designed to help start you along your path to healing and taking control of your life.
Don’t get discouraged if you don’t find what you need here, continue your search and never give up. The answers and help are out there, keep looking and remember, You’re not alone!
Resources and help lines:
- The Compassionate Friends
A support group found nationwide – go to Local chapters on the web site and put in your zip code to find the nearest chapter to you.
- Griefnet.org – an Internet community of persons dealing with grief, death, and major loss.
- Recover from Grief – healing through creative grieving.
- Boys Town Hotline for Girls and Boys Crisis 1-800-448-3000
- The Healing Place – a center for loss and change.
- National Youth Crisis Hotline – 1-800-442-HOPE (4637)
- A Self Help Guide for Resolving Grief and Loss –
- My Broken Palace – passionate people who want to help others in their time of brokenness.
- Helpguide.org – grief and loss help guide.
Building 429 – Always
Switchfoot – Dare You to Move
Third Day – Just Call My Name
When a Friend Dies: A Book for Teens About Grieving & Healing – Marilyn E. Gootman Ed. D.
The Grieving Teen: A Guide for Teenagers and Their Friends – Helen Fitzgerald
Healing Your Grieving Heart for Teens: 100 Practical Ideas – Alan D. Wolfet Ph.D.
A Grief Observed – C.S. Lewis
Recovering from Losses in Life – H. Norman Wright