Suicide and Depression
If you are in a crisis, attempting or contemplating suicide – Call 911 Now!
We’re glad you’ve found you’re way to the Also–Me web site! The resources provided are by no means all-inclusive and are simply designed to help start you along your path to healing and taking control of your life.
Don’t get discouraged if you don’t find what you need here, continue your search and never give up. The answers and help are out there, keep looking and remember, You’re not alone!
If you or a friend are considering suicide, PLEASE call:
Suicide Prevention Life Line 1-800-273 – TALK (8255)
National Adolescent Suicide Hotline 1-800-621-4000
National Hopeline Network – 1-800-SUICIDE (784-2433)
Other sites for information and help:
- Befrienders Worldwide – providing emotional support to prevent suicide world wide.
- Help for Depression
- American Foundation for Suicide Prevention
- Suicide.org – suicide is never the answer, getting help is the answer.
- American Foundation of Suicide Prevention
- My Broken Palace – help in your time of brokenness.
- Teen Depression
- Suicide Awareness Voices of Education (Save.org)
- International Foundation for Research and Education of Depression
- Teen Moods – where teens help each other every day.
- Depressed Teens.com – support and information for parents of depressed teens / children.
- Students Against Destructive Decisions (SADD)
Rascal Flatts – Why
Third Day – Just Call My Name
An Unquiet Mind – (A Memoir of Moods and Madness) – Kay Redfield Jamison
When Living Hurts, – A what-to-do book for yourself or someone you care about who feels discouraged, lonely, hopeless, angry or frustrated, unhappy, bored, depressed, suicidal.
When Nothing Matters Anymore A Survival Guide for Depressed Teens – Bev Corbain (The cousin of Kurt Corbain of Nirvana)
Damaged – A.M. Jenkins